Christmas is a time of Happiness and making Merry, but make sure you think of safety in the home as well !!! Beware !
- 3 people die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.
- 31 people have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the Christmas lights were plugged in.
- 142 people were injured in 2008 by not removing all the pins from new shirts
- 58 people are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers.
- 19 people have died in the last 3 years believing that Christmas decorations were chocolate.
- British Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year from cracker pulling accidents.
- 171 people since 1999 have had broken parts of plastic toys pulled out of the soles of their feet.
- 18 people had serious burns in 2007 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.
- A massive 543 people were admitted to hospital in the last two years during Christmas after opening bottles of beer with their teeth.
[Statistics Taken from RoSPA]
Have a Happy and Safe Christmas from Chris Mee