Senior EHS Specialist
CMSE is currently recruiting a Senior EHS Specialist on behalf of our client within the pharma industry in Cork.
A vacancy exists within the Safety and Environment group for a Senior Safety & Environment Specialist. The Client is a high-performing, team based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions. A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as excellent organisational skills.
Reporting to the EHS Lead based at the Brinny Site, the Senior EHS Specialist will be a key member of the site EHS team ensuring that a number of large projects will be delivered back to the organisation with environmental considerations included in the design and development phase. The Senior Safety & Environment Specialist will provide both generic and specialist environmental advice to the project.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record to influence others, have strong knowledge of environment programs and be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate is a self-directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment.
- Lead programs to continuously improve safety and high risk work programs on site.
- Coaches and develops others on the site EHS programs and EHS matters.
- Maintains contact with the various outside environmental and safety agencies.
- Monitors developments in EHS Regulations and interpretations of these by regulatory agencies. Advise site management of changes in regulations or interpretations.
- Develops and implements site strategies to ensure 100% compliance with all current and future EHS requirements.
- Manages the site’s EHS Self Assessments programme to ensure conformance with Site, Corporate and/or Statutory EHS requirements.
- Leads and implements improvements to EHS management systems and programs.
- Assist in the timely response to external and internal stakeholder EHS requests and recommendations.
- Provide technical support and advice on new processes and equipment.
- Develops and delivers EHS training to the site.
- Provides EHS input, guidance and direction to the review of equipment modifications, new process introductions and capital installations.
- Lead S&E related projects and manage execution of projects.
- Participate in risk assessments, inspections, audits, incident investigations, and implement and follow-up on related CAPAs.
- Report on EHS performance to management at regular intervals.
- Deputy for site EHS Lead where required.
- Technical primary degree with a post-grad EHS qualification.
- 10+ years EHS experience in an operational environment.
- Strong leadership, influencing and collaboration skills required.
Send CV for immediate review to email@example.com or call 0217355965 for confidential discussion.