Senior Health & Safety Officer
Term : 2 year contract
Salary€ : Not disclosed
Share this Job on:
We are looking for a Senior Health & Safety Officer with 5+ year’s relevant water works and road works experience in construction. This role is a 2 year contract based in Cork with one of our clients.
- Advise site Management on all aspects of Health & Safety (Rules & Regulations).
- Carry out Site Safety inspections to ensure the adherence to all health and safety rules, regulations, procedures, and stop any operation in the case of dangerous circumstances until immediate remedial measures have been carried out.
- Identify, produce and maintain register of relevant legislative, regulatory and other policy requirements acceptable to the company.
- Monitor all Health and Safety activities on the project and report the findings to the Contracts Manager, and Regional Safety Manager.
- Compile risk assessment as required.
- Compile method statements as required.
- Coordinate with the Health and safety Manager for the Safety training of:
o All new company employees to the site in Safe Pass.
o All new company employees to the site in the relevant CSCS discipline.
- Conduct the induction course to each (group of) employee (s) at the beginning of his or her work operation on the site.
- Conduct all Safety Focus Talks as deemed necessary by the Regional Safety Manager.
- Update Construction Stage Safety Plan as necessary.
- Hold regular site Safety meetings with all sub-contractors on site.
- Liaise with sub-contractors on site to ensure that their work activities are coordinated to ensure the Safety of all persons on site.
- Analyse subcontractor Safety documentation.
- Develop and advise on Safe systems at work. Ensure company permit to work systems are followed up.
- Record and investigate all accidents/near misses on site.
- Compile regular Safety reports to record all Safety activities on site.
- Suitably Qualified in Health & Safety (Diploma or Degree level).
- 5 years + relevant experience.
- In addition, construction project experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently with good project management and communication skills.
- Ability to produce high quality work to tight deadlines.
- Computer literate and excellent presentation skills.
Send CV for immediate review to email@example.com or call 1850 315 415 for confidential discussion.
Share this Job on: