CMSE is currently recruiting a Site Safety Engineer on behalf of our client for a pharmaceutical manufacturing site in Cork. This is for a contract role.
Contractor shall provide health and safety support for construction activities/projects and maintain site emergency response plan.
- Maintain Permit to Work system and procedures ensuring relevant personnel are trained and documentation is compliant..
- Develop, implement and sustain behavior-based safety programs for site day to day operational activities in addition to construction work.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities aimed at reducing personnel risk for operational and construction activities on site.
- Oversee site compliance with Construction Safety Regulations..
- Co-ordinate Emergency Response/Emergency Management procedures and training.
- Ensure contractor group operate in compliance with site EHS requirements.
- Conduct regular audit of on site contractor’s workshops, stores and welfare facilities..
- Conduct EHS induction for new starts and maintain training package.
- Prepare and deliver health and safety training for colleagues and contractors.
- Co-ordinate impairments of site fire protection systems.
- Act as EHS liaison for Engineering Maintenance and Utilities team.
- Lead and support accident/incident investigations as required.
Required Skills & Background:
- Third level qualification in a Science / Engineering discipline.
- 5 years experience working in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in an operational safety role in an API environment beneficial.
- Knowledge of fire safety and/or construction safety is beneficial.
Send CV for immediate review to email@example.com call0214978026 for confidential discussion.