- Agriculture, 18 Deaths in 2015 (Decrease of 40% on 2014)
- Construction, 11 Deaths in 2015 (Increase of 37.5% on 2014)
- Fishing, 5 Deaths in 2015 (Increase of 400% on 2014)
- 21 of the total workplace fatalities in 2015 involved vehicles
- 15 people died having fallen from height
- 67% of work-related deaths occurred in companies with less than 10 employees such as fishing, construction & agriculture.
- 4 of the 18 workplace fatalities in Agriculture in 2015 were children.
- With 10, Cork had the highest number of workplace fatalities in 2015, followed by Donegal which had 6.
For a more detailed breakdown please visit hsa.ie
Chris Mee Group is an industry leader in the areas of Behaviour Based Safety (BBS) and Observational Based Safety programmes. For more information on how Behaviour Based Safety (BBS) systems can help you to reduce accidents and their resultant costs please CLICK HERE