Junior Safety Specialist
CMSE is currently recruiting a Safety Specialist on behalf of our client within the pharma industry in Tipperary.
The Safety Specialist provides technical expertise, advice and information to meet the site’s needs in reducing risk and meeting regulatory / Corporate expectations in all areas of environment, health & safety
The ideal candidate will also have experience in supporting and developing site EHS programs in a very fast paced environment including;
- Ensures that procedures / systems are in place to maintain 100% site compliance with all relevant legislation & Global Safety & Environment (GSE) /
Global Engineering Solutions (GES) standards related to area of responsibility.
- Conduct EHS risk assessments (general, chemical, ergonomic, manual handling, chemical, VDU) as required.
- Generate EHS communications & reports.
- Participate in incident / accident investigations & root cause analyses (RCA).
- Completes / assists in completion of periodic Self Assessments & audits of the EHS Management System.
- Conducts inspections of facilities and practices as required.
- Participate in Local Safety Teams, representing S&E where required.
- 3rd level degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or other related discipline.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical environment or other industry.
- Sound knowledge of EHS legislation and standards.
- Good written, oral communication & interpersonal skills.
- Highly proactive, mature judgment and decision-making ability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Self-directed & demonstrated efficient work methods, problem solving skills & ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- A post graduate qualification in health & safety.
Send CV for immediate review to firstname.lastname@example.org call 0214978026 for confidential discussion.