To give an understanding of:
• Health and safety responsibilities. In regard to explosion hazards
• The EU ATEX directives 94/9/EC and 99/92/EC (100a and 137). Furthermore, understanding how to comply with them in the workplace
• Hazardous area classification, ATEX risk assessments. As well as, the preparation of an explosion protection document.
Participants: Up to 12
|Online||2020 Training Dates
|€290 per person Securely Book Online Now|
|Dublin – Ballymount D24||2020 Training Dates||€290 per person Securely Book Online Now|
Those who manage explosion risks on site. Those who wish to increases their awareness of explosion safety.
• Outline the requirements of the ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU and 99/92/EC (100a and 137)
• Explain why management of explosive materials is necessary. While also, discussing historical explosions.
• Outline the requirements for employers to achieve compliance. Give detailed examples of organisational controls. As well as technical controls.
• Explain flammability data and flammable atmospheres
• Describe how hazardous areas are identified and zoned
• Highlight the steps in an ATEX risk assessment
• Describe how to select equipment for ATEX zones
• Outline the contents of an Explosion Protection Document
• Introduction and course objectives
• ATEX Directives
• Explosions – Why manage?
• ATEX awareness
• What is an explosion and pressure effects
• Flammable atmospheres and ignition sources
• Physical characteristics
• Vapour clouds and explosion
• Explosion characteristics of dusts and liquids
• Introduction to explosion risk assessment
• Ignition sources
• Ignition risk assessment (Mechanical)
• Hazardous area classification zoning and the impact of ventilation
• Hazardous area zones for dusts and solvents
• Organisational control measures
• Technical control measures
• Selecting equipment for explosive atmospheres
• Explosion protection document
• ATEX identification
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Sign up to our newsletter!!