Term : Permanent
Salary€ : Not disclosed
Location : Wexford
Share this Job on:
Applications are invited for the position of Health, Safety & Environmental Manager, based in Wexford, with an international transportation/freight organisation. The successful candidate will manage the HSE function and drive continuous improvements in HSE performance across all business aspects for our clients’ operations. This is a permanent position and is a significant opportunity for an experienced HSE professional who wishes to take the next step in his/her career progression. Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate excellent multi-disciplined skills and experience in a senior capacity, with the ability to hit the ground running.
- Develop, maintain, and review the Environmental, Health & Safety programme to ensure compliance with current and future legal, regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Manage regular strategic review of the HSE function in the organisation and provide appropriate objectives and programmes to improve overall HSE performance and to defend against future liabilities.
- Participate in management review meetings to present Environment, Health & Safety performance, discuss upcoming Environmental, Health & Safety actions to improve functional performance, and proactively identify and promptly address related issues which may affect operations or may provide strategic advantage to the business
- Carry out Inspections, risk assessments audits etc. of all company vehicles, ensuring legal and company compliance
- Implement companywide training programmes for all relevant personnel
- Train employees in all required HSE programmes and ensure administration of all training records
- Establish and track metrics for assessing HSE effectiveness in the organisation
- Develop and execute a plan to reduce worker injury/accidents and lost time rates.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of an appropriate HSE culture through cross-functional cooperation, communications, promotions and training.
- Establish and manage the implementation of environmental management programmes.
- Manage all HSE regulatory reporting requirements.
- Responsible for emergency planning and take leadership role in HSE emergency situations.
- Ensure that adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire, accidents and all other emergency situations.
- Represent the company on HSE affairs with relevant external parties ensuring adequate response to all regulatory and legal issues.
- Drive a ‘best practice’ HSE philosophy across all business aspects
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in Health and Safety, and/or Environmental Management or equivalent.
- A demonstrated track record in excess of 10 years of senior HSE leadership, contribution and performance
- Hold IOSH membership, ideally at chartered level status
- Experience in a significant operational environment at supervisory or management level, with staff levels in excess of 400 personnel
- Knowledge of and capability to design/implement policies, strategies, and systems required for an HSE function in a large corporation and have a well-developed information and support network.
- Experience in transportation sector will be an advantageous, but not an absolute
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, strategic thinking/planning, communication, and collaboration skills are essential.
Send CV for immediate review to caree[email protected] or call 1850 315 415 for confidential discussion.
Share this Job on: