Term: 12 Month
CMSE is currently recruiting a Safety Engineer on behalf of our client. This is for a 12-month contract and will be based on a medical device manufacturing site in Cork.
Share this Job on:
Safety Engineer is needed to provide functional support to ongoing engineering project work in a Medical Device facility in Cork.
To advise, support, implement and audit project safety, machinery safety and facility projects in line with the corporate EHSS policy to ensure the safe design, installation and operation of plant and equipment. To promote EHSS management systems, business continuity, regulatory compliance, community, company image/reputation and performance within assigned area, promoting alignment of site with global EHS&S strategies and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to ensure the plant Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) requirements for various projects are designed, built, installed and tested to current regulatory and corporate standards. The role will include travel to vendor’s sites to perform design review and Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) protocols as part of the project team. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Provide reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts project schedules accordingly.
- Assist with projects for new equipment installation and renovation of manufacturing equipment, and process equipment.
- Assist with the preparation of User Requirement Specifications, Functional Requirements Specifications, Design Specifications, IQ protocols, OQ protocols, PQ protocols, Commissioning plans, Layout drawings, Mechanical drawings, Electrical drawings and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s).
- Assist with the execution of approved IQ, OQ and PQ qualification protocols with project teams.
- Assists with the summary and analysis of IQ, OQ, PQ and Commissioning data including testing and monitoring results for the preparation of summary reports.
- Support maintaining conformance with engineering standards for given projects.
- Support the evaluation of new equipment to ensure best fit, safety requirements between user requirements and technology.
- Support maintaining project conformance with plant EHS&S initiatives including industrial hygiene, safety, security and environmental programs leading towards a safe and accident-free environment.
- Make recommendations to improve the Engineering procedures related to equipment acquisition and plant utilities
- Participate in the development of safe systems of work and equipment pre-checks for end users.
- Supports business continuity and planning emergency response & preparedness efforts as a key member of the team
- Supporting SAT and onsite validation
- Other duties may be assigned.
Send CV for immediate review to [email protected] or call 021 497 8026 for confidential discussion.
Share this Job on: