The Chris Mee Group is currently recruiting a Health and Safety Officer on behalf of our client in the energy sector. The position will be based in East Cork but will incorporate regular travel to the company’s many sites in the Munster area. Enthusiasm, flexibility and drive are vital attributes for the success of this position.
- Co-ordinate the identification of workplace hazards and assessment of risks, advise management on appropriate control measures to eliminate, minimise or control these hazards
- Oversee all H&S accident/incident investigations and follow-up on close out of corrective actions
- Conduct regular driver training to ensure all relevant documentation is up-to-date and correct
- Ensuring compliance with regulations governing the Transport Industry from a Health & Safety perspective
- Interact with customers in relation to Health & Safety issues ensuring are resolved to a satisfactory outcome
- Conduct site visits to ensure compliance regarding terms of the Safety Statement on behalf of the client
- Work with site management to develop, implement and maintain Health and Safety practices, programmes and initiatives, which will contribute to
driving Company Health & Safety Policies
- Monitor Health & Safety legislation and developments in order to keep the organisation up to date
- Third level relevant qualification. Recognised qualification in EHS and/or Health & Safety e.g. IOSH / NEBOSH qualification desirable
- Previous technical or mechanical background is highly advantageous
- Solid interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Full clean driving licence.
Send CV for immediate review to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0217355965 for confidential discussion.