Term : Permanent
Salary : Not disclosed
Location : Dublin
CMSE is currently recruiting a Health & Safety Manager on behalf of our client.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop, maintain and protect health and safety standards in accordance with current health and safety legislation.
• Use knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace.
• Responsible for ensuring that employers and employees comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
• Plan, implement, monitor and review protective and preventative safety measures.
• Carry out risk assessments, identifying potential hazards and consider how risks could be reduced.
• Outline safe operational procedures which identify and consider all relevant hazards.
• Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
• Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
• Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy.
• Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
• Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
• Investigate customer and employee accidents and incidents to full conclusion.
• Advise on, and assist with, company employee return to work process subsequent to an accident/illness resulting in personal injury.
• Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
• Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all. Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry.
• Liaise with company clients and maintain a working knowledge of their Health & Safety policies and procedures.
• Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
• Ensure that construction/refurbishment/contract transition projects, including implementation of new equipment and processes are planned, directed and monitored from a safety perspective.
• Advise on a range of specialist areas, appropriate to the Catering Industry.
• Advise on insurance and legal claims and assist to completion/closure.
• Multi interdepartmental liaison on safety.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 3rd level qualification in technical / science, diploma in Environmental Health & Safety, Occupational Health & Safety
• 5+ years’ experience in a similar Industry (Multi-site, wide range and variety of operations in the Retail/Food Service/Catering Industry
• Health, Safety & Environmental Legislation, Standards and Best Practice.
• Employment Legislation.
• Company Policies and Procedures.
• Computer Literate
• Problem Solving Skills
• Auditing Skills
• Report Writing
• Budget Management
• Teamwork / Collaboration – Working effectively with others inside and external to organisation (customers, suppliers etc.) towards goal / task achievement. Considers impact on others when making decisions / taking action and will involve others as appropriate to gain input and buy-in. Puts team goals ahead of personal goals and accepts team consensus.
• Quality Focus – Attention to detail, checks own work and work of others to ensure accuracy and completeness of all activities.
• Customer Focus – Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
• Planning & Organising – Plans and organises own work and that of others to ensure goals are reached, projects are completed and actions are executed on time. Adopts a structured approach to work and ensures follow-up on actions delegated to others.
• Problem Solving / Analysis – Follows a systematic approach to problem solving, gathering all relevant information through various methods, analysing information and defining cause of problem; uses different techniques to determine resolution to problem and thinks through or tries out different solutions to ensure correct and optimal solution is found.
• Influencing & Persuasiveness – Uses appropriate skills to influence and persuade others to a course of action or acceptance of an idea or concept. Is persuasive and credible in the delivery of their arguments.
• Maximising Performance – Follows performance management system – setting goals and monitoring progress against goal achievement. Provides support and coaching to team members to help them achieve goals and develop performance levels.
• Travel is a requirement for this role so applicants would preferably have access to car and hold current clean driving license.
Send CV for immediate review to email@example.com or call 0214978027 for confidential discussion.