Health & Safety Advisor
Term : Contract
Location : Dublin
Ref : ZR_185_JOB
The overarching responsibility of this job is to develop, maintain and protect health and safety standards in accordance with current health and safety legislation. Use your knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace. You will be responsible for ensuring that employers and employees comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to. You will plan, implement, monitor and review protective and preventative safety measures.
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Carry out risk assessments, identifying potential hazards and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and consider all relevant hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- Investigate customer and employee accidents and incidents to full conclusion.
- Advise on, and assist with, company employee return to work process subsequent to an accident/illness resulting in personal injury.
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
- Ensure that construction/refurbishment/contract transition projects, including implementation of new equipment and processes are planned, directed and monitored from a safety perspective.
- 3rd level qualification in technical / science, diploma in Environmental Health & Safety, Occupational Health & Safety
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar Industry (Multi-site, wide range and variety of operations in the Retail/Food Service/Catering Industry.
- Travel is a requirement for this role so applicants would preferably have access to car and hold current clean driving license.
Send CV for immediate review to Nell@cmse.ieor call 0214978026 for confidential discussion.