Health and Safety Manager
CMSE is currently recruiting an Health and Safety Manager on behalf of our client in Dublin.
The Health, Safety, Quality and Environment function within organization will be responsible for ensuring and supporting compliance with company, national and European – level health, safety quality and environmental standards for the company.
- Support the HSQE Manager in leading the creation, development and implementation of companywide EHS strategy, policy and procedures,
incorporating legislative requirements,industry best practice and other requirements related to the company Integrated Management Systems.
- Provide guidance, advice and support to management on EHS policy and strategy and ensure monitoring and reporting on overall
compliance to these standards.
- Manage a team of regional and central EHS resources.
- Lead and support national level managers in all functions to create a safe, healthy and environmentally friendly working environment.
- Oversee and monitor the annual risk based national EHS audit.
- Oversee audits, inspections and performance monitoring of HSQE compliance across the business and regions.
- Identify and support HSQE training requirements to the company staff and contractors where required.
- Ensure the IMS is kept up to date with all Environment, Health and Safety related information, and evaluate its compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide reports and key Environment, Health and Safety metrics as required to the HSQE.
- Ensure statutory reporting of accidents, incidents and ill health is undertaken in accordance with current legislation and procedures.
- Lead or participate in ongoing HSQE projects.
- Escalate risks and issues to the HSQE Manager as appropriate.
- Work with the Asset Management, Asset Delivery and Asset Operations as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as required from time to time.
- Engineering Degree or other relevant 3rd level qualification.
- 5+ years’ experience in an EHS role.
- Formal safety and/or environmental qualification (e.g. FETAC/IOSH H&S certificate, diploma, BSc).
- Detailed knowledge of legislation and ability to interpret and translate such information into business policy and procedures.
- Working knowledge of HSE management systems, aspects and controls.
Send CV for immediate review to [email protected] or call 021 4978100 for confidential discussion.