QQI Health & Safety Representative Course
The aim of the QQI Health & Safety Representative Course 5N1451 (commonly known as Safety Reps) 4-day training course is to promote and maintain safety and health in the workplace. The Safety Representative Course outlines the roles and functions of a Health and Safety Representative.
Please note that QQI have changed the structure and duration (now 4 days) of the Health & Safety Representative Course to meet the volume of learning associated with the award and increased classroom time to bridge the gap between this and the level of self-directed learning (project work etc.) involved. Learners should be aware that the old 3 day course is no longer valid.
Book Your Place Now! €650
Dublin Office: +353 1 517 5270
Cork Office: +353 21 497 8100
Scheduled Course Venues and Dates
|Dublin 24 – Parkway Business Centre, Ballymount||September 12th, 13th, 19th & 20th||€ 650 – Securely Book Online|
|Cork – Euro Business Park, Little Island||June 11th, 12th, 18th & 19th|
September 17th, 18th, 24th & 25th
|€ 650 – Securely Book Online|
Duration: 4 Days
Participants: Up to 10 participants
Assessment: A pre and post graded multiple choice questionnaire will be presented to candidates.
Accreditation: QQI Level 5 Component Award in Health & Safety Representation
To provide attendees with the requisite skills to fulfill their role as Safety Representative.
Employees who have been nominated as Safety Representatives in their workplace.
- Health & Safety Legislation: Common Law Duty of Care / 2005 Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act / 2007 General Applications Regulations / other relevant areas of legislation.
- Role and Function of the Safety Representative and Safety Consultation.
- A detailed review of Section 25 of the 2005 Act.
- The role of the Safety Representative in Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment at work.
- Accident Investigation and Reporting.
- The role of the Safety Representative in completing accident investigations and implementing preventative strategies, along with Case Studies.
- Active and Reactive Monitoring.
- Effective Communication Skills.
- Assessment Test and Course De-Brief.
Click HERE to view the course handbook.
Additional QQI Information
Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMSE Training is a provider of programmes leading to QQI awards.
Enquire about the QQI Health & Safety Representative Course 5N1451 (L5)
Sign up to our Newsletter.