Term : Contract/ Permanent
Salary€ : Not disclosed
Location : Leinster
Applicants are invited to submit their CV for the position of EHS Specialist. This is a contract role with one of our multinational clients in Leinster. Reporting to the Safety Lead, the EHS specialist will be responsible for providing all aspects of EHS expertise and support to the facility to ensure compliance with all corporate, national and regulatory agency EHS requirements. You will be a member of the site S&E team where your role will involve designing and implementing EHS programs and supporting risk assessments for the facility and its operations.
- Ensure compliance with all EHS regulatory requirements
- Ensure that all employees adopt the philosophy of the EHS policies, to ensure a safe and effective working environment, through the principles of involvement and deployment
- Interpret Environment, Health and Safety regulations, corporate and company policies and translate into an operational setting. Demonstrate proficiency in the application of engineering principles in process hazard analyses (HazOps) and modifications to potentially hazardous processes for effective risk management
- Drive effective writing/revising/rolling out of accurate operational procedures, training materials and EHS related procedures, ensure all work is subsequently carried out in line with same
- Display proficiency in anticipating, recognizing and evaluating (Risk Assessment) the potential hazards associated with a job task or workstation
- Provide direction in the implementation of controls to address work place hazards identified in the evaluation process
- Possess a thorough knowledge of engineering and administrative controls to minimize workplace hazards, and the selection of personal protective equipment when such controls are not feasible
- Monitor compliance with standards and completes audits of specific measures to comply with the Company’s Programs and all regulatory requirements
- Support EHS training and inductions for new hires, ongoing refresher training for existing employees and delivering EHS related training programmes to all levels within the organization
- Develops SOPs and implements programs for safety and industrial hygiene related topics
- Provides health and safety expertise to the Emergency Response Team
- Perform sampling and report writing with supervisor
- Know and understand the appropriate permit limits
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred; ideally in an Environmental Health & Safety discipline
- Relevant experience and a particular skill set in their area of expertise that adds value to the business, ideally in a manufacturing, preferably GMP setting
- Safety Legislation, Standards and Systems.
- Sterile filling processes and equipment.
- Knowledge of regulatory/code requirements to Irish, European and International Codes, Standards and Practices.
- Report, standards, policy writing skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and job related computer applications required.
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma Methodology preferred
Send CV for immediate review to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1850 315 415 for confidential discussion.