CMSE is currently recruiting an EHS Specialist on behalf of our client within the pharma industry in Cork.
To implement, audit and advise on company EHS policy to ensure the safe operation of the Sterile IPT and the health and safety of its employees and the prevention of any environmental excursions or notices of violation. To promote EHS management systems, business continuity, regulatory compliance, community, company image/reputation and performance within Sterile IPT, promoting alignment with global EHS strategies and objectives.
- Supports Corporate and Sterile IPT EHS strategy and objectives, contributes to development and implementation of global EHS programs and promotes local alignment with same.
- Promotes culture of EHS excellence at facility and provides high-quality safety, health and welfare technical leadership to the Sterile IPT.
- Addresses risk prevention opportunities including hazardous materials exposure, spills, releases, accidents, fires, or other unsafe conditions.
- Manages EHS risk profile for the Sterile IPT.
- Optimizes existing operations and practices with focus on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provides oversight on EHS projects for the Sterile IPT.
- Conducts annual self-assessments, and more frequent EHS audits, tracking and directing follow-up activities to correct any non-conformity.
- Creates and maintains databases & records containing pertinent EHS metrics and data.
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Tech Services etc).
- Typically, will have experience in EHS and/or engineering related positions, including knowledge of chemical, pharmaceutical, research and development processes is desired.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Lean Six Sigma and Lean methodologies (e.g. 6S)
- Escalate risks and issues to the HSQE Manager as appropriate.
- Work with the Asset Management, Asset Delivery and Asset Operations as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as required from time to time.
- 3rd Level degree in EHS, chemical engineering or other related discipline (chemistry, physical sciences or biology) is required.
(Other 4-year degree health/sciences with significant equivalent work experience in EHS field may suffice.)
- Typically will have experience in EHS and/or engineering related positions, including knowledge of chemical, pharmaceutical, research
and development processes is desired.
- Professional certifications in related disciplines and/or advanced degree in EHS management are a plus.
- Desirable: Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Working cross-functionally, identifies EHS problems and provides possible alternatives and solutions.
- Provides technical expertise in investigation of problems and develops innovative solutions, implementing
corrective and preventive action plans to address problems.
- Handles ambiguous and complex issues as they arise.
- Initiates and takes responsibility for his/her own professional development.
- Position may directly or indirectly supervise others.
- As applicable, trains, develops, and coaches staff as well as monitors their output and performance.
- Leads cross-functional projects and initiatives as assigned.
Send CV for immediate review to firstname.lastname@example.org call 0214978026 for confidential discussion.