Term : Contract/ Permanent
Salary€ : Not disclosed
Location : Dublin
Applications are invited for the position of Interim Environmental Health & Safety Manager, initially as an independent contractor, for a defined period of time (6 – 12 months), who will manage the EHS function and drive continuous improvements in EHS performance across all business aspects for our clients’ facilities in Ireland. Our client is a global leader in power and automation technologies. This is a significant opportunity for an experienced EHS Manager who wishes to take the next step in his/her career progression. Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate excellent multi-disciplined skills and experience in a senior capacity, ideally in the clients sector, with the ability to hit the ground running, given the national remit of the role. The role will be based in Dublin, with travel to other national facilities and occasional visits to the UK required.
- Develop, maintain, and review the Environmental, Health & Safety programme to ensure compliance with current and future legal, regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Manage regular strategic review of the EHS function in the organisation and provide appropriate objectives and programmes to improve overall EHS performance and to defend against future liabilities.
- Participate in management review meetings to present Environment, Health & Safety performance, discuss upcoming Environment, Health & Safety actions to improve functional performance, and proactively identify and promptly address Environment, Safety & Health issues which may affect operations or may provide strategic advantage to the business.
- Establish and track metrics for assessing EHS effectiveness in the organisation, including the OSHA Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR), the OSHA Lost Worktime Case Rate (LWCR) and ISO 14000/ISO 18000 environmental performance goals.
- Develop and execute a plan to reduce worker injury/accidents and lost time rates.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of an appropriate EHS culture through cross-functional cooperation, communications, promotions and training.
- Establish and manage the implementation of environmental management programmes.
- Responsible for appropriate procedures, approvals, co-ordination and control of hazardous, regulated and solid wastes.
- Manage all EHS regulatory reporting requirements.
- Responsible for emergency planning and take leadership role in EHS emergency situations.
- Ensure that adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire, accidents and all other emergency situations.
- Represent the company on EHS affairs with relevant external parties ensuring adequate response to all regulatory and legal issues.
- Drive a ‘best practice’ EHS philosophy across all business aspects
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in Health and Safety, and/or Environmental Management or equivalent.
- A demonstrated track record in excess of 10 years of senior EHS leadership, contribution and performance
- Hold IOSH membership, ideally at chartered level status
- Experience in a multi-national environment at management level
- Knowledge of and capability to design/implement policies, strategies, and systems required for an EHS function in a large corporation and have a well-developed information and support network.
- Experience in electrical and automation technologies will be an advantageous
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, strategic thinking/planning, communication, and collaboration skills are essential.
Send CV for immediate review to [email protected] or call 1850 315 415 for confidential discussion.