PSDP and PSCS Services
Enquire about PSCS & PSDP Services Consultancy
CMSE Consultancy is a leading provider of Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) and Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS) services in Ireland today. In addition to the PSCS and PSDP services, CMSE Consultancy specifically work with clients to advise and assist them in their duties under the 2013 Construction Regulations.
CMSE Consultancy also supply carefully selected PSDP and PSCS safety consultants and safety officers to clients on most large projects. Clients include M&W Zander, Alstom, ESBI, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer Ireland, Bristol Myers Squibb, ESB Networks and more.
CMSE Consultancy provides three main services under the 2013 Construction Regulations:
(1) Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) Services
CMSE Consultancy provide top quality Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) services. Our construction consultants provide practical safety design inputs and solutions at the earliest stage in the design process – this early safety design intervention minimises costs to the client.
CMSE Consultancy have a reputation for generating significant savings because of our policy of early intervention in design safety issues. CMSE Consultancy provide effective safety expertise to assist designers, architects, project managers, etc in fulfilling the PSDP and Health & Safety Co-Ordinator roles. The practicality and ease of application of our solutions is the hallmark of our services.
(2) Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS) Services
CMSE Consultancy provide top quality Safety Consultants and Safety Officers for Construction Projects nationally and internationally. These carefully selected consultants and safety officers ensure practical compliance with the Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS) requirements.
CMSE Consultancy have a reputation for practicality during the construction phase and for work arounds to ensure schedule is not affected while at the same time not impacting safety. The key to our approach is good planning. We use simple tools such as field Risk Assessments and standardised Method Statements. At CMSE Consultancy we pride ourselves on the quality and value of the services that we provide to our clients.
(3) Legislative Compliance Services For The “Client”*
* as defined under the Construction Regulations
The person or entity who commissions a project has many duties and responsibilities under the 2013 Construction Regulations. CMSE Consultancy is unique in that we are the only company to provide the “Client” with advice and solutions since 1996. The interpretation of the legislation is key in practical compliance. CMSE Consultancy are experts in this service area.
Applicable Irish Legislation
Under the Safety, Health and Welfare (Construction) Regulations 2013 new duties and responsibilities have been placed on PSDP in order to improve the health and safety in the construction industry by engaging all the participants in a project from conception to completion. The duties of the PSDP are to:
- Identify hazards arising from the design or from the technical, organisational, planning or time related aspects of the project
- Where possible, eliminate the hazards or reduce the risk
- Communicate necessary control measures, design assumptions or remaining risks to the PSCS so they can be dealt with in the Construction Safety and Health Plan
- Ensure that the work of designers is co-ordinated to ensure safety
- Organise co-operation between designers
- Prepare a written safety and health plan for any project where construction will take more than 500 person days or 30 working days or there is a particular risk and deliver it to the client prior to tender
- Prepare a safety file for the completed structure and give it to the client
- Notify the Authority and client of non-compliance with any written directions issued
- The PSDP may issue directions to designers or contractors or other
Other Specific CMSE Consultancy Services As Required Under The Irish Construction Regulations
- Meeting with and advising the client on the client`s duties and responsibilities under the Safety, Health and Welfare Act 2005
- Attending Design Team meetings and liaising with Design Team leader, as required, to fulfil the duties of PSDP under the Regulations recording health and safety issues, and ensuring that particular hazards and risks are addressed in an appropriate manner
- Preparation of a brief overall Design Safety Review to be issued to the Client summarising the risk assessments of all the designers (and the actions arising there from)
- Preparation of a Preliminary Health and Safety Plan for the construction of the project
- Assisting the client in assessing the competency and sufficiency of resources of Contractors to act both as Project Supervisor (Construction) Stage and as Contractors if requested
- Attending site and site meetings during the construction phase, as requested, fulfilling the duties of PSDP under the Regulations
- Preparation of a Safety File and issuing the PSDP Safety File to the Client
Did you know That CMSE Consultancy can assist you with your Construction Health & Safety Compliance requirements? Click here for more information
Enquire about PSCS & PSDP Services Consultancy
Newsletter Sign up.